Hello 7A! I have been shunning my responsibilities and have had a disappearing act for a while. (Initially because I was doing my KI IS, but after that... I decided I needed to hide.) Then I come back and see this beautiful layout (which I was supposed to be helping Chloe out in, oh no! But she didn't need my help anyway.) Jiin is a bad person!
Anyway, today was a rather interesting day. Firstly, I discovered that Wang Ting's hair is at the moment longer than mine!
Then in the evening I went to Orchard Road to buy music and poetry. Firstly I went to dear, darling Gramophone (at Takashimaya), which unfortunately did not stock Nick Drake's Made to Love Magic, the CD I was looking for. Not unexpected; I'd checked with them last weekend, and similarly with Borders, the Gramophone at Scotts Shopping Centre, Sembawang Music, That CD Shop, CD Rama at Toa Payoh HDB Hub, and -- HMV, which stocks the CD, but at $28.00, something I am not going to fall for again (though it was so tempting, especially since I'd just saved by buying Bob Dylan's Bringing It All Back Home at $11.95). Anyway, back to the main story; Gramophone does not stock the CD, but the kind cashier informed me that if I liked, I could place a special order, and the CD would only cost $19.95! Considerably exasperated with waiting, I placed the special order, and am now happy in the knowledge that my CD is (hopefully) coming soon! (And also that I've now special-ordered three Nick Drake-related things. Two biographies and one CD, whoo!)
At any rate, Mission #1 accomplished. Now I headed up to Kinokuniya to buy poetry by W.B. Yeats, and was torn between a pretty hardcover book with more poems, and a cheaper paperback anthology with less poems, but compiled with a rather lovely more detailed commentary by Seamus Heaney (Lit students, don't kill me for mentioning his name.) In the end, I settled on the anthology compiled by Seamus Heaney.
And that, in short, was how my trip to Orchard Road went today. And no, I do not think I spend too much on CDs.
I wonder if The Observatory / Leslie Low is having any shows soon. I should go and check.
Have you seen the land living by the breeze
Can you understand a light among the trees
Tell me all that you may know
Show me what you have to show
Tell us all today
If you know the way to blue?
-- Nick Drake, Way to Blue
